2nd ESSAY by SI PIMPIM "UPGRADING MY WRITING SKILL"

Jumat, 10 Oktober 2014



Prima Hidayoza (1303561)

K2 ENGLISH EDUCATION 2013

UPGRADING MY WRITING SKILL

Being a college student who is majoring English Department was interested. Writing is one of my favorite courses. Writing helps me how to extend the idea, feeling, and aspiration. Actually, when summer holiday came, last semester, I forgot on how to write something. It seemed I had forgotten all the lesson in what lectures gave last semester. Also, it seemed my hands were so awkward on what I am going to write so. So, after I met Ms.  Lina on the second semester, I did not know what I would do to write something.
We know that “Practice makes perfect.” Yes, by doing practice every day, every week, I am sure that we might become better students in writing class. Besides, it would improve our skill on writing itself. Sometimes, I feel bored, because there is no idea that appear on my mind, and I should force as good as I can. It was started on this semester, when I saw Ms. Lina as the lecturer in my class for essay writing. I know I must study more to get a good mark in writing. I had promised to be the better one. There are mistakes, though. It is not suitable based on writing rules, however. I realize to be a good student is not easy. Furthermore, if I want to be a master on writing, of course, I need practice every day. For example, I have e-diary. E-diary means word program that I use to write everything.
First, I read a lot about all things. By reading some articles, books, news, and journals, I might get some knowledge that can improve my writing skill. By reading, my mind will be run to process about the problems. While I am doing to write something I can write and deal with a topic, because I have read first. I remembered, when I was child, my father used to ask me to watch the new every day. It was “Dunia dalam Berita” which is broadcasted by TVRI. I had to sit with him till the news was end. My father asked me to read the newspaper because my family was the costumer of the newspaper. Besides, my mom also bought Bobo Magazine.
Second, I try to write one topic at least for each week to empower my knowledge. Writing one topic can improve the performance skill. I do not have to be worry when my grammar is bad. I just need to write. Then, after i write, I may ask friends to correct the errors ones on it. After doing it, I can repair my writing through some suggestion by them. Another example is that making the diary. I can write our experience through the diary. It also can compare my comprehension about writing skill.
In addition, I also join English Debating Community Universitas Negeri Padang which help and provided students to improve skill in English. Through debating, I must read a lot about the motion, because I do not get the points what I am going to say. Every week, I spend my times 1 to 2 hours to analyze the motion. It impact to my writing skill. It is easy to thin the topic, because I have already known it through practice in debate.
So, if I do these points continuously, I am sure, I might produce a good writing such as an essay, novel, or a paper. University students must do it. I cannot attend the writing itself, because writing is the process on how to be a critical person.

5 komentar:

  1. Hi, Prima Hidayoza..
    I think your upgrading writing skill is good. In my opinion, that is a wonderful experience. However, I found a sentence that is not clear for me.

    For example, I know I must study more to get a good mark in writing.

    In my opinion, it is better for you to make a sentence like this one.
    I know I must study harder to get a good mark in writing.

    BalasHapus
  2. prima, you have a skill to progress your essay. great essay for me.

    BalasHapus
  3. Nice try
    Althougt not perfect but is very good for me

    BalasHapus
  4. Thumbs up for you jaah. Your writing skill is getting better day by day. Hope you will be a good writer hehe ^^

    BalasHapus

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS